Friday, October 2, 2009

The Latest

Another Friday means another doctor appointment and more stressing over the swine flu at my house. Since last Friday, two additional pregnant women have been added to the ICU at our hospital with swine flu and are hooked up to ventilators.

No, the vaccine is still not available.

And they've changed visiting rules at all of the local hospitals...you're only allowed two visitors and children are not allowed whatsoever. Now I DO realize this is for the good of everyone...the patients, the children, the new babies, etc. I just can't help but be a little sad that Gabe & Kendra won't get to meet their baby sister until she's at least 2 days old. And I won't get to see them for at least 2 days and 2 nights either :(

So, if anyone is healthy and wants to come visit us, they're more than welcome but I think we're going to be avoiding all crowded places for a while. Heath has offered to do all the errand running...groceries, shop for Kendra a Halloween costume, etc. Better safe than sorry I suppose! I am sure we'll still go a few places. I'm just going to avoid the grocery for sure since I know people go there sick or healthy...they have to have milk and food and prescriptions so I know they're still going to the grocery!

To all my family that is in Michigan this weekend...hope the wedding goes smooth and a good time is had by all!

No comments:

Post a Comment