Yes, Nasty! We've used that word several times at our house this week. The first episode occurred on Wednesday evening. Gabe was wearing his baseball pants around the house pretending to be a baseball star and Heath got the idea to put one of his old baseball belts on Gabe. So we headed out to the barn to try and find the box where Heath keeps this stuff. In the meantime, we come across a teeny tiny baby mouse. I didn't have my camera but it was SMALL. It must've been blind still and couldn't walk very good. So rather than step on it or whatever Heath might have done if the kids weren't around, he put it in a bucket. They were hovering over the bucket looking at it. I walked up and took one look and declared my opinion..."NASTY!!". Kendra disputed this opinion with me the rest of the evening and on into the next day. She proclaimed it was a "good one" and not a "nasty one". She's so cute when she's argumentative...especially about a nasty mouse!
And then we had quite the NASTY mess at our house this morning. I was finishing drying my hair and the kids were supposed to be getting their shoes on for preschool. It was about 15 minutes until the time preschool started. Next thing I know, Gabe runs into the bathroom to tell me that Kendra has made a mess. Somehow, she reached up on the counter and pulled off a big bowl of bacon grease (a couple of days old so at least it wasn't hot grease) and spilled it everywhere...her hair, her shirt, her shorts, her shoes. So Kendra wound up getting a quick bath this morning before school and is supporting a slight bacon fragrance today...NASTY!! I know I should've thrown out the bacon grease a couple days ago but I was waiting for us to empty out a milk jug so I could pour it in there. You can't put it down the sink so what else am I supposed to do with it?
And lastly, I'm becoming unfortunately frightened by the NASTY swine flu. This is NOT the year to be pregnant apparently. I just pray that we can all make it through this winter without contracting the darn thing. I think I understood these statistics correctly...at my appointment this morning, my doctor said that from April to June/July (may have those dates wrong) there were 600 cases of swine flu reported in pregnant women. Of those, 200 required hospitalization and 100 died. Yes...1 in 6 chance that I'd DIE from it if I got it. And so you can see the reason for my fears! There is a woman at St. Mary's right now fighting for her life after contracting the swine flu and being forced to deliver her baby via c-section several weeks early. And there are suspected cases of it out at USI. So if you need me, I think I'll be hiding in a hole somewhere for the next 5 weeks. Please leave me a comment if you have solid evidence that I'm overreacting... And even more to worry about is that after the baby is born, then she'll be at a similar risk :( I was told that as soon as the vaccine comes in, they will actually call me to have me come in as soon as possible so at least I'm at the top of the list for the vaccine.
Kind of a sour note to close this post on...sorry! I'm going to go wash my hands for the 100th time in the past 2 hours and try to relax a bit! And this is your advance warning that once our precious baby girl arrives, we'll be taking out stock in hand sanitizer!
No Peek Beef Tips
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment