Monday, March 23, 2009

Busy Busy

Good grief! Where does the time go? I have had so many things to report on but I just haven't had the time to sit down at the computer and do it.

Since my last post, we've been fairly busy. The week of the 9th, Heath was out of town Tuesday thru Friday. As much as I hate to admit my neediness, it sure makes a difference when he is gone! It was all I could do that week to get dinner made, baths, and get the kids to bed in the evenings. But we survived...and got to spend some good one on one time together.

Gabe has been learning ALOT at preschool. He recognizes the majority of the letters of the alphabet now. He writes his first name and next week I think they are going to start working on his last name. I'm so impressed by this! His teacher is just doing an amazing job with him!!

Kendra still gets to have her turn at the potty chair every now and then. We're not working on it too hard but she doesn't seem to mind...


We made a trip to Newton to watch the house next door burn down. It was quite a sight to be honest. Gabe was not too sure about it but once he figured out that we were only burning "the bad house" and not "the good house" he was okay with it.


Gabe also got his first shiner. He was playing pitch and catch with his Dad one evening and he apparently turned his head and took a step forward just as Heath was throwing the ball. It lasted a week or so but you can barely notice it now. The worst of it was just that whenever anyone asked him how he got a black eye, he'd respond (head bowed the way he does) "Dad hit me". He'd forget the last part of the sentence "with the baseball".


Gabe also got to spend a Saturday night with Ma-Maw and Grandpa and went to the Professional Bull Rider (PBR) show AND got a happy meal at McDonald's with a spiderman type toy. He seemed to enjoy it. He's told us several stories anyhow about the clowns jumping off the fence, the cowboys lost their hat, got "bunked" off their bull, etc. He's a pretty cute cowboy if I do say so myself.

Kendra was sick with the stomach flu last week. Hopefully none of the rest of us get it. She was pretty miserable and slept horrible so Heath and I were pretty miserable too! She did get to have us all to herself though Saturday night while Gabe was at the PBR so she thought she was pretty special! We went out to eat and she was actually really good for a change!!
Kendra's hair is still growing out slowly but surely...she likes her "pretties" though and I'm finally getting to play with her hair a little bit.

Gabe has also had his first trip to the dentist recently. He did so good I was so proud of him. He was timid at first but we took him to an awesome dentist and he took his time with him and had him up in the chair just doing whatever he wanted to in his mouth. And...we left with a Lightning McQueen sticker, a Diego toothbrush, and a blue balloon. What more can a kid ask for??
Yesterday, Gabe finally learned how to pedal his big boy bike!! What a proud day for Dad! He has had the little trike figured out for a couple of months now but he finally decided to pedal his big bike now.
This week, the kids are out of preschool for the public school system's spring break. So we're taking off Wednesday for a mini-vacation to St. Louis. I'm excited. I know we'll get to the zoo and do some hotel swimming and I'm sure lots more.
Hope everyone is enjoying the nice weather. I'm sitting outsite taking advantage of the wireless connection right now while the kids play.

No comments:

Post a Comment