We started our weekend off with a nice evening at home on Friday night. The kids were playing t-ball, tennis, riding bikes, etc while we were waiting for their cousin Callie to arrive. Pam and Dave were coming to spend the weekend with us...the guys were going golfing and Pam and I were going to make some casseroles to put in our freezers to eat on this fall/winter.



So Saturday, Pam and I had made 18 casseroles before lunch. Impressive if I do say so myself!! The guys didn't start golfing until 11 so we had to maximize our time while they could watch the kids! We each made ourselves 2 lasagna, 2 rigatoni, 2 sausage/corn/mashed potato, and 2 sausage/hasbrown casseroles. Then I made 2 spaghetti bake that Pam had just made for herself at home. I am so excited to have all of these for us! I figure if we eat 1 a week, they'll last me 10 weeks. And I'm sure to miss a week here or there so they'll last quite a while. It is funny the things I get excited about ;)
Since we had all of our work accomplished before noon, we got to play some that afternoon. We took the kids to a playground so they could enjoy the fresh air...


Callie was showing off her belly...one shoe on and one shoe off.



Saturday evening, the guys grilled burgers for us and the kids played outside a bit while Pam and I ran into Macy's to get our shopping fix real quick.

And Sunday we got a little visiting in. Pam & Dave had to head back to Illinois for lunch plans and so we went and visited some cousins, Grandparents, etc. And this afternoon we played outside again and went for a buggy ride. I know it is going to be 90 degrees again in a couple of days but we sure made the best of the nice weather while it was here!!


18 casseroles rocks!!! I love doing that stuff...especially the part where I take it out of the freezer for supper!
ReplyDelete