The kids did their fair share of playing and dancing. Kendra showed off her signature dance move...she does the arm motions to the part of the 'Pat a Cake' song where you 'roll em up roll em up' if you follow that. Gabe did his normal...he just runs. Maybe we've got a future Olympian on our hands...who knows? He just runs from the time you get someplace until the time you leave. You ask him..."what are you doing Gabe?" and he answers the same every time..."oh, I'm just runnin Mom" and shrugs his shoulders. I wish I had that energy!
Over the weekend, I got to try out my new carpet cleaner. The kids went to Ma-maw and Grandpa's house for the majority of the day and I got the floor clean as well as the rest of the upstairs! I'm kind of a psycho about having a clean house even though I've had to relax on it a bit with two youngsters here to help me all the time. But cleaning my house is almost like a good beer buzz to me. I can't help it!
This week, the kids have went back to preschool and we're getting back on normal sleep and eat schedules. Kendra went to the doctor today for her 18 month checkup. She got a clean bill of health and is following her growth curve as she is supposed to. The Dr. also took a careful look at her ears and was glad to see that both tubes are still in place and functioning properly. She has had one infection since she got the tubes and he was worried that could have dried up poorly and possibly caused some blockage to keep the tube from working anymore but thankfully they look good! Here's to hoping this winter is much healthier for Kendra than last!!
Here are a few pictures I had on my camera today. Kendra is playing baby dolls with Gabe's old Elmo slippers on.
What better fun than playing in an old cardboard box!!
Little Miss Onery climbs on everything...stands up on everything...falls off everything. She is already twice the handful that Gabe ever was!
For those that have had to play duck/goose hunting with Gabe recently, I must warn you that playing firefighters isn't much better. I'll tell the story of the duck hunting once I get a picture from my sister to assist the story. As for playing firefighters, you have to drive in your firefighter truck...and that involves scooting around on your butt (crawling is not allowed). Then you must rescue kitties, chop down doors to burning buildings, spray your fire extinguisher and water hoses on the houses. It never gets old. Really, I do enjoy every minute of it because I know it won't be long and it won't be cool to play pretend with your Mom any more so I must cherish these moments.
Hi Jenny! I didn't even know you had a blog. Thanks for leaving a comment. I knew I had a lot of people reading. I'm sure I would be amazed.
ReplyDeleteI haven't even taken a chance to look at your blog other than the last post...dont' worry, I will! Your kids are adorable. I don't think I even knew that you had two kids. They are incredibly cute!
Again, great to hear from you! Thanks for the motivation...I guarantee I will need it. I'm not sure that brave is the word for this...we'll see in the end!
Take care, DeAnn